Sunday 20 May 2007

Sunday Best


Monday I stayed in for most of the day. Picked up fish and chips frozen meal from Iceland and watched some of my recently purchased Blondie Live '99 DVD. When I got to the Egg Alex was there with his friend Claire. Later we were joined by Elly. Show went OK featuring amongst others Amanda, Bombshell, Bryn, Ben, Brian, Ron, Helen, Tim, Adam, Moon Ryder, Hannah, Si and Albert. Also in attendance was Dead Goods co-ordinator Sarah McLennan who was there to support her friend Alison. It was a bit boistrous at times but there were some lovely ladies and it was great to have John Holmes there. No, not that one!

Tuesday I received an e-mail from Knowsley Community Radio saying they'd be happy to have me for a placement. Went to meet Elly, Alex, Colin and Di at Birkenhead shopping centre. While there saw Michelle from Wirral Odes and Joey from Network Theatre. We then went to see Blades Of Glory for Elly's birthday treat. After this we went to Cappucino's for a drink. Me and Alex had a hot chocolate. On the way home the girls wanted to look round Primark while we stood there looking like a pair of lemons. At the band meeting we listened to a tres good version of There's A Ghost In My House recorded last Saturday and Baz gave me a recording of Genesis 6 Of The Best from 1982. Sadly while we talked I received a text from Marti telling me our good friend Daz had died. I never met him but we remained in touch via e-mail on the collapse of The Creatures forum. He was a wonderful person and I'll miss his kind words.

Wednesday I picked up Clash related NME which was full of the usual overrated claptrap I've been used to since Joe Strummer's death. A great band but totally unimportant. Went to see Simon about my work placement but couldn't get hold of KCR by phone. After leaving Terri's lesson which was aimed at the full timers I e-mailed Hywel Evans who said he could organise my placement for mid July. Later I saw Jamie and his friend Paul and we got the bus home.

Thursday at college there was only me and Di in from the Scoobies. Again we worked on our websites which I had a few problems with but once I got into the swing of things I designed several more pages dedicated to Gong, Steve Hillage and Egg. Tonight's Wirral Ode Show saw us digging out our favourite poets. Aaron chose himself. Got a cuddle from Mo then went home.

Friday I wrote to NME about their risible Clash article. Although I enjoyed it it was cliche city and there was much contradiction. Went to meet band in Egg but Kayleigh didn't show. Decided to rehearse Tuesday nevertheless so long as we get rehearsal space. Also saw Delia who looked more beautiful than ever. She has an art exhibition coming up soon. Went to see Alex Moseley later who played me all his recent CD purchases including MC5 and Motorhead.

Saturday was a bit of a bore cos I didn't have much to do. Went to market after which it bucketed down. At home watched Doctor Who which was a bit more enjoyable for a change. A two week break probably did it some good. Aaron phoned to talk about it and also about the 7 Ages Of Rock show that had been on. Alex phoned trying to reach some agreement on rehearsals etc. Thing is we don't know whether we've got the room for Tuesday and for how long we have Kayleigh as she's working that day. Went to bed with much to ponder on.